The Open Championship is one of the most prestigious golf tournaments in the history of the game. First played back in 1860, the Open Championship is one of men’s professional golf’s four major tournaments, joining The Masters, the PGA Championship, and the US Open.
With such great superstars of the game like Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson, and Collin Morikawa among its recent winners, the Open Championship continues to attract the best players in the game, who compete each year for the coveted Golf Champion Trophy, which is more commonly known as the Claret Jug.
The Open Championship also attracts the attention of sports bettors from around the world, who not only get in on tournament championship betting action but also a wide array of props and futures bets that bring your golf betting experience to a whole new level.
Interested to learn more about how you can get in on the Open Championship betting action? Here’s all you need to know about wagering on one of the most important events on the United Kingdom’s annual sports calendar.
The Golf Open Championship Bet Offers 2023
- bet365 Bonus – Get $200 in Risk-Free BetThe promotion is for new customers only. You must be 21 or over to set up a bet365 sportsbook account and claim a new customer offer.Bet365 legal states: NJ, CO, OH (2023)
- BetMGM Sportsbook New Customer Bonus: up to $1,000OFBTMGMThe bonus is for new depositing customers only. You must be 21 or over to set up a betMGM sportsbook account and receive a welcome offer.BetMGM legal states: AZ, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, MS, NV, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY, OH
- BetRivers Bonus Code USBTRV for Free BetsUSBTRVThe bonus deal is for new customers only. You must be 21 or over to set up a BetRivers sportsbook account and claim a welcome offer, including free bets.BetRivers legal states: AZ, MI, WV, NJ, PA, CT, IA, NY, VA, IL, IN, LA, CO, OH (2023)
- Caesars Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to 1,250 in Free Bet.CZRFULLThe bonus is for new customers only. You must be 21 or over to set up a Caesars sportsbook account and claim a sign-up offer.Caesars Sportsbook legal states: NY, IL, LA, NJ, IN, AZ, MI, TN, PA, VA, IA, CO, WV, OH (2023)
- WynnBET Sportsbook Promo – Get up to $100 in Free BetThe bonus is for new customers only. You must be 21 or over to open a WynnBet sportsbook app account and claim a welcome promo.WynnBet legal states: AZ, CO, IN, LA, MI, NJ, NY, TN, VA, OH (2023)
- PointsBet Promo – Get up to $500 in Free BetThe bonus is for new customers only. You must be 21 or over to set up a PointsBet sportsbook account and claim a sign-up promo.PointsBet legal states: CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, KS, LA, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV, OH (2023)
|Sportsbook||The Open Championship Betting Offers|
|Caesars||Best offers on Open Championship, up to $1250 in Free Bets|
|Pointsbet||Promo code to get up to five $100 Free Bets if your first Fixed-Odds wager|
|BetMGM Sports||The best Open Championship Odds, live in-game betting|
Where can you bet online and claim promos for Golf Open Championship in 2023? In these states you can bet online: AZ, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, MS, NV, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV, and WY.
Where to get good odds and bet on the 2023 Open Championship
The Open Championship not only attracts the world’s best golfers, but also novice and sharp sports bettors from both the UK and around the world. And US sportsbooks such as BetMGM and WynnBet are ready with a wide array of betting options, odds, free bet deals and markets to suit the demands of both hardcore golf fans and casual duffers.
Futures bets are typically published well in advance of the start of the tournament. They allow you to wager on who you think will raise the Claret Jug on Sunday evening. In addition, head-to-head wagering enables you to pit your favorite golfers against each other, both in individual rounds and over the course of the tournament. Besides group betting ahead of each round lets you place bets on which player will hold the edge that day.
Want to add a little fun to your Open Championship betting experience? You can by taking advantage of props bets on whether any player will hit a hole in one, which players will make the cut, as well as the nationality of the eventual tournament winner.
When is the 2023 Open Championship?
Currently, the Open Championship takes place on the weekend of the third Friday in July. It is the last of golf’s four major tournaments to be played each year. The Open is often closely associated with the venerable Old Course at Saint Andrews in Saint Andrews, Scotland. The oldest golf course has hosted the event on a record 29 occasions, including in 2022. However, the tournament currently rotates annually among a select group of coastal links golf courses across the UK. The Royal Liverpool Golf Club will set to host the event from July 20th to 23rd, 2023.
Where to watch the 2023 Open Championship
Golf betting fans in the UK can catch all four rounds of the 2023 Open Championship on Sky Sports Golf. The coverage begins daily at 6:30 pm GMT, and continues until the last putt of the day is sunk. Viewers looking to catch a live stream of The Open can do so via the subscription-based Sky Go app.
When is the 2023 US Open?
The US Open is traditionally held in mid-June of each year. Then the final round is typically played on the third Sunday of the month. Accordingly, the 2023 edition of the US Open is scheduled to take place from Thursday, June 15th thru Sunday, June 18th, with Los Angeles Country Club, North Course in Los Angeles, California hosting the tournament for the first time.
Emblematic of greatness in American golf, the US Open has not only evolved into one of the most important golf tournaments on the annual schedule. The US Open has also emerged as one of the biggest sports betting events of the year.
Held in June of each year at some of the finest golf courses in the United States. The US Open is the third of golf’s four major tournaments along with The Masters, PGA Championship, and Open Championship. With the richest purse among golf’s four major tourneys, the US Open regularly attracts the best players in the game. The stars like Jon Rahm, Bryson Dechambeau, and Brooks Koepka are among the tournament’s most recent champions.
US Open best bets and odds 2023
The US Open also provides an outstanding opportunity for both experienced and novice sports bettors to get in on a unique golf betting experience. Interested to learn more about how you can get in on US Open betting action? Here’s all you need to know about wagering on one of the most important events on the annual sports calendar.
Golf Betting FAQs
The 2023 Open Championship will take place on Thursday, July 20th thru Sunday, July 23rd, 2023 at Royal Liverpool Golf Club in Hoylake, England.
Every round of the tournament will be broadcast on Sky Sports Golf and streamed on the Sky Go app.
There is no shortage of betting options for golf fans wanting to get in on Open Championship action. From futures betting and head-to-head wagering, to props wagers on who will make the cut, there are betting options available for novice and experienced punters alike.