*NOTE: Despite legalizing sports betting, Indiana does not currently have legalized online casino gaming. We are predicting the types of online casinos that will appear when Indiana goes live.
Indiana online casinos aren’t legal but new laws could go through in 2023. Indiana’s brick ‘n mortar casinos could start offering online casino games and slots. You would also get access to the best welcome bonuses and promotions in town.
Indiana Online Casinos & Bonuses 2023
Indiana could go live with online casinos in 2023. However, here are some of the big operators we expect to launch first.
|Casino Name||Potential Licensing Partner||Welcome Bonus Expected|
|Caesars Indiana Casino||TBA||new player bonus up to $2k|
|BetMGM Casino Indiana||Belterra Casino||$25 free play + up to $1000|
|BetRivers Indiana Casino||French Lick Resort||new player bonus up to $500|
|Barstool||Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg||Up to $1000|
|DraftKings||French Lick Casino Resort||100% deposit match bonus|
|FanDuel||Blue Chip Casino / Belterra Casino||Up to $1000 + freeplay|
|Hard Rock Casino||Indiana Hard Rock Casino, Terre Haute||Up to $2,000 deposit welcome offer|
Indiana Online Casino Laws 2023
Indiana’s online casino laws have lagged behind those relating to sports betting. While sports betting was legalized back in 2019, there is only now some movement on regulated online casinos.
A new bill introduced into the Indiana House of Representatives is going to be the latest attempt at getting online casino gambling legalized in Hoosier State. Rep. Ethan Manning, the chair of Indiana’s Public Policy Committee, is the driving force behind House Bill 1536.
Along with the legalization of online casino gambling, this bill would also legalize online poker and bring regulation of all online lottery games under the jurisdiction of the Hoosier Lottery. That would bring popular lottery games such as Mega Millions and Powerball, as well as online scratch-off games, into the state of Indiana.
The bill would also enable owners and operators of brick-and-mortar gambling locations, as well as online sports betting sites to also apply for online casino and poker licenses.
Under the terms of the bill, licensing fees for online casino sites would require an upfront payment of $500,000. There would also be a $50,000 annual renewal charge. The bill is calling for a tax rate of 20% on online casino gambling. As well it would limit the credit for the promotion of interactive gambling to $10 million per year.
If House Bill 1536 is passed, then we should expect the top 5 operators to launch their online and mobile casino offerings in Indiana. These gambling sites are BetRivers, betMGM IN, Fanduel casino, DraftKings, and Caesars. According to the latest gambling revenues study, Indiana state is missing out on $567 mln (at a tax rate of 15%) in potential taxes from online casinos.
Not Indiana’s First Attempt To Legalize Online Casinos
This will be the third attempt to push the legalization of online casino gambling in the state of Indiana.Last year, Senator Jon Ford put forth a the SB 417 bill that was remarkably similar to Rep. Manning’s bill. Although there was a positive outlook for the passage of Ford’s bill, it never got out of committee.
Ford is a strong backer of the current bill, but the decision was made by state lawmakers to introduce this version as a House bill. The thinking is that it will be easier to pass it through the House than the Senate. The House has until February 27 to pass the bill. If successful, at that point it would go to the Senate for consideration and debate.
Estimates are that the introduction of online casino gambling would generate $1.9 billion in revenue annually across Indiana.
Possible Indiana Online Casinos
Looking at which online casino sites would see Indiana as a desired destination to set up operations, it’s not all that challenging to figure out which groups would be leading the charge into the Hoosier State.
Looking at Indiana’s neighboring states that are home to licensed and regulated online casino gambling, prominent companies such as DraftKings, Caesars, BetMGM, FanDuel and Golden Nugget were all quick off the mark to enter Michigan and Ohio, and the majority of these companies are also operating in Illinois.
In Indiana, BetMGM operates in partnership with BelterraCasino in Florence as an online-only sportsbook. New players to the BetMGM online casino can expect to be welcomed with a 100% first deposit match up to $1,000, as well as $25 in casino bonus funds.
Along with online sports betting, Caesars also operates retail sportsbooks in Indiana at Caesars Southern Indiana, Harrah’s Hoosier Park Racing & Casino and the Horseshoe Hammond. In other states, new players to the Caesars online casino garner a signup bonus of a player’s first $1,000 in losses covered in casino betting insurance.
DraftKings is already legal and live in Indiana with online sports betting through their retail partnership with Ameristar Casino. In states where they already offer online casino gambling, DraftKings is delivering a welcome package to new players that include a 100% matching first deposit up to $2,000. There’s also $50 in casino credits just for signing up. As well, DraftKings offers a customized high roller welcome bonus offer.
Nearby Michigan is among four states in which Golden Nugget offers online gambling. New players to Golden Nugget receive a welcome package of a 100% first deposit match of up to $1,000, along with 200 free spins.
As well as online sports betting, FanDuel has two retail sports betting locations in Indiana. There’s the Blue Chip Casino Hotel & Spa and the Belterra Casino Resort. Newcomers will be welcomed with a signup bonus of up to $1,000 in bet insurance covering their first day of play on the FanDuel online casino site.
Real Money Casino Operators in Indiana
There are already over a dozen brick ‘n mortar casinos in Indiana that would be able to apply for online gaming licenses and supply games. You would also be able to sign up and opt-in to a welcome bonus at regulated casinos.
- Ameristar Casino East Chicago
- Hard Rock Sportsbook (Hard Rock Casino Northern Indiana)
- French Lick Casino
- Blue Chip Casino Hotel & Spa
- Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg
- Belterra Casino Resort
- Rising Star Casino Resort
- Four Winds Casino South Bend
- Caesars Southern Indiana
- Harrah’s Hoosier Park
- Horseshoe Casino Hammond
- Indiana Grand Casino
- Bally’s Evansville
How to Open a Casino Account in Indiana
- Step 1: Download the casino app or sign up online
- Step 2: Create a unique username and password
- Step 3: Fill in the registration form:
- Full name
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Welcome bonus promo code
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Step 4: Verify your account with a scan of your driver’s license or passport
What Types Of Online Casino Bonuses and Promo Expected in Indiana 2023
Indiana real money online casinos will launch in 2023 with a full range of exciting promotions for players. Start with a deposit match bonus or earn free spins to use on the biggest slots. You can also jump into a loyalty program and earn points which you redeem for cash or perks.
- Indiana Deposit Match: Sign up and make your first deposit to earn a 100% match bonus. You may have to use a promo code too when you complete the signup form. The Indiana casino will match your deposit with bonus cash. Then pick your favorite table games and slots to play through the bonus funds. Once you meet the wagering terms, you’ll be able to withdraw bonus cash and any winnings you’ve made.
- No-Deposit Bonus: Some IN online casinos will offer free cash to play with and no deposit is needed! You receive some bonus funds to play slots and table games with. Just meet the wagering conditions in order to unlock any winnings.
- Free Spins: The casino may award free spins on a selected online slot. Simply play your free spins and wager the winnings 5–10x over before withdrawing the money into your account.
- Loyalty Program: Indiana online casinos will offer some sort of rewards program. You earn loyalty points every time you play a slot or game of roulette. You can exchange points later for money or use it in a Bonus Store to purchase further promotions.
- Wagering Requirements: All Indiana casino bonuses will come with some sort of wagering condition. This is the requirement you need to meet in order to unlock bonus funds or free spins winnings. For example, you may have to wager free spins winnings 5–10 times over before you unlock any of your cash.
Making Deposits at Indiana Online Casinos
Step 1: Open the Cashier tab
Step 2: Select a valid payment method:
- Visa (debit & credit card)
- MasterCard (debit & credit card)
- Discover (debit & credit card)
- American Express
- Play+ Prepaid Card
- Online bank transfer
- In-person at IN casino cashier
Indiana online casinos FAQs
Not yet. Online casinos are not available to Indiana players.
21 or older for online casinos and sports betting.