Kentucky is all set to welcome a vibrant new era of online sports betting, with the industry officially kicking off in early September. Here is the list of early sign-up offers from top Kentucky sportsbooks with the best bonus codes.
Retail locations are slated to open their doors on the 7th of September, perfectly aligned with the commencement of the NFL season, providing locals with an exciting venue to place their bets on the initial games of the season. The excitement doesn’t stop there, as the end of the month will mark the launch of Kentucky online sports betting apps on September 28. As part of the pre-launch phase, sports bettors can already start registering with various sportsbooks, ensuring they are all set to dive into the action once the online platforms go live.
Governor Andy Beshear has played a pivotal role in legalizing sports betting in the state, with the bill HB551 being signed into law in March. The passage of this legislation places Kentucky firmly on the map as the 38th state to embrace sports betting, fostering a potentially competitive market that will surely benefit the punters in terms of promotions and offers.
Best Kentucky Pre Launch Sign up Betting Bonuses 2023
|Sportsbook||Early Sign-Up Kentucky Offer||Promo Code|
|BetMGM||$100 in bonus bets on launch day||USDOTBET|
|Bet365 Kentucky||Up to $50 in bonus bets; $10 per TD (up to $50) on Detroit vs. Green Bay||USB365|
|FanDuel KY||$100 in bonus bets on launch day||Codes not required|
|DraftKings Kentucky Sportsbook||$200 in bonus bets on launch day||GET BONUS!|
For those eager to get a head start, pre-registration is already live with top sportsbook apps in Kentucky offering tantalizing pre-launch promotions and bonuses. A collection of the best Kentucky sports betting apps are at the ready, offering attractive sign-up bonuses to early birds. These platforms have set the bar high, promising an engaging betting experience with unique features that enhance the betting process.
Best early sign-up bonuses from Kentucky sportsbooks with promo codes:
- $100 in bonus bets on launch day as a part of the Kentucky early sign-up offer. Use promo code for Kentucky sportsbook – USDOTBET.
- Bet365 Kentucky (code: USB365)
- Up to $50 in bonus bets, including a pre-live offer of $10 per touchdown (up to $50) for the Detroit vs. Green Bay game.
- Additional launch day offer: Bet $1, get $365 in bonus bets.
- FanDuel KY
- $100 in bonus bets on launch day as a part of the Kentucky early sign-up offer at Fanduel sportsbook.
- Additional benefit: $100 off NFL Sunday Ticket.
- DraftKings Kentucky Sportsbook
- $200 in bonus bets on launch day as a part of the Kentucky early sign-up offer at DraftKings.
For all the offers, players must be 18 or 21+ (depending on the sportsbook) and physically present in Kentucky. If anyone encounters a gambling problem, they should call 1-800-GAMBLER for assistance.
TOP 3 Kentucky Sports Betting Welcome Offers
- USB365Bet365 app is licensed in Kentucky. You must be 21+ to use and bet using bet365 sportsbook app and located in KY.Bet365 legal states: NJ, CO, IA, OH, VA
- USDOTBETbetMGM is live in kentucky. Use app, get $100 in bonus bets on launch day as a part of the Kentucky early sign-up offer.BetMGM legal states: AZ, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, MS, NV, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY, OH
- DraftKings sportsbook is live in Kentucky. Sign up to get your welcome bonus. Must be 21+.DraftKings legal states: AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY
Top Sportsbook Apps Launching in Kentucky:
Known for offering an excellent user experience and top bonuses, BetMGM is anticipated to be the preferred choice in Kentucky. The sportsbook will feature a range of betting markets, ongoing promotions for existing users, and high-quality live streaming of major events. Users can enjoy the easy sign-up process and various payment options, including VISA and PayPal.
Caesars Sportsbook stands out for its rewards program, which automatically includes all customers and offers various benefits from bonus bets to exclusive perks at Caesars establishments. The sportsbook is expected to feature live NFL games within the app and offers a host of payment options including VISA and American Express.
DraftKings is the go-to platform for data-driven bettors. The sportsbook offers detailed data and stats that set it apart, facilitating informed betting decisions. Users can look forward to features such as building their own bets and various payment options including PayPal and VISA.
FanDuel is recognized for its technological prowess, offering the best live streaming experiences for various events. It is the top choice for bettors who enjoy in-play betting while watching events in real time. The platform also boasts a range of payment options including VISA and PayPal.
Bet365 will be a hotspot for bettors seeking early payouts on their wagers. The UK-based sportsbook will offer live streaming for popular American and international sporting events. Bettors can also enjoy various bonuses and a range of payment options including VISA and PayPal.
ESPN BET (Most Anticipated Kentucky App)
ESPN BET, transitioning from Barstool Sportsbook, is eagerly awaited for its extensive range of proposition bets often inspired by predictions from leading personalities on its partner sports content app. The platform is expected to appeal to the younger, mobile-first gambler demographic, with features such as access to ESPN’s fantasy database.
Remember, the launch date for these sportsbook apps is September 28, 2023, and they promise to bring a rich betting experience to sports enthusiasts in Kentucky.
Kentucky Online Sportsbook Bonuses & Promotions
Welcome Bonus: The welcome bonus is your gateway into Kentucky sportsbooks. You are rewarded upon opening an account and making a first deposit. Once the deal has run out, you won’t be able to apply with the same sportsbook again. Most welcome bonuses will include some deposit match bonus or free bets. Just download a mobile sportsbook app and make a first deposit, and bet. You will be awarded with matched funds which you can use to make further qualifying sports bets. Based on the offers provided by these sportsbooks in other states, we can expect similar promotions in Kentucky once they launch. Some examples of welcome offers include:
- Deposit Match Bonuses: Sportsbooks may match a new user’s initial deposit up to a certain amount (e.g., a 100% match bonus up to $500).
- Bet Insurance or Risk-Free Bets: A risk-free bet allows new users to place their first bet without the fear of losing their initial stake. If the bet loses, the sportsbook will refund the amount as a free bet or bonus cash, up to a specified limit.
- Free Bet Credits: Upon making their first deposit, new users may receive free bet credits that they can use to place bets on the platform, with winnings typically returned as cash.
- No-Deposit Bonuses: Some sportsbooks may offer a small bonus simply for signing up, without requiring a deposit. This allows new users to try out the platform and potentially win some money without risking their own funds.
It is essential to remember that welcome bonuses often come with terms and conditions, such as wagering requirements, minimum odds, and expiration dates. More information about the specific bonus terms for each sportsbook will be available once they launch in Kentucky.
Claim Your Kentucky Sports Betting Bonus
Online Sports Betting in Kentucky 2023
Launch date for Kentucky sports betting: September 27 online launch.
Minimum age for legal sports betting in Kentucky: 18 years old (Most other states have 21 and above)
Tax rates for sports betting in KY: 9.75% for in-person bets and 14.25% for online wagers
Licensing structure: Each horse racing venue can accommodate three online sports betting platforms
Potential number of sports betting apps in KY: Up to 27 (nine tracks with three betting platforms each)
Wagering on collegiate sports: Yes! Placing bets on college sports is allowed.
Regulatory body: Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC)
In addition to legal Kentucky sports betting, House Bill 106 was filed on Jan. 5, 2023, which would establish the regulation of real-online poker sites.
Kentucky Betting Markets and Sports
Although Kentucky does not have any major league professional sports teams, the state has a rich sports culture, with particular emphasis on college sports and horse racing. Once sports betting is legalized, bettors can look forward to wagering on various sports in the state, such as:
- Horse Racing: Kentucky is known for its prestigious horse racing events, such as the Kentucky Derby, held annually at Churchill Downs. When sports betting becomes legal, bettors can expect to have access to a wide range of horse racing betting options, including win, place, and show bets, as well as exotic wagers like exactas and trifectas.
- College Sports: College basketball is extremely popular in Kentucky, with the University of Kentucky Wildcats and the University of Louisville Cardinals drawing significant interest from fans and bettors alike. College football is also popular, and it is likely that bettors will be able to wager on these and other college sports once sports betting is legalized in Kentucky.
- Other Sports: Kentucky residents are also interested in various professional sports leagues like the NFL, NBA, MLB, the Premier League, and NHL, among others. It is expected that bettors will be able to wager on these leagues and other sporting events once sports betting is legalized in the state.
Popular Kentucky Bet Types
While sports betting is not yet legal in Kentucky, fans in the Bluegrass State are eagerly awaiting its legalization. In anticipation of this, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with the most popular bet types that will likely be offered by Kentucky sportsbooks. In this post, we will discuss the following bet types:
A moneyline bet is a straightforward wager on which team or participant will win a game or event. Odds are assigned to each side, typically expressed as either a positive (+) or negative (-) number. The positive number represents the underdog, while the negative number represents the favorite. To win a moneyline bet, your chosen team or participant must emerge victorious.
Point spread betting is designed to level the playing field between the favorite and the underdog. The sportsbook will assign a point spread, which the favorite must win by to “cover” the spread. Conversely, the underdog can either win outright or lose by fewer points than the spread to cover. Point spread bets are popular because they provide more balanced odds than moneyline bets, making them appealing to bettors who enjoy the challenge of predicting the margin of victory.
A totals bet, also known as an over/under bet, involves wagering on the combined score of both teams in a game. Sportsbooks will set a predicted total, and bettors must decide whether they believe the actual combined score will be over or under this number. Totals bets are popular because they do not require bettors to choose a winner, only to predict the overall scoring level of the game.
Prop bets, short for proposition bets, involve wagering on specific team or player outcomes within a game, rather than the overall result. Examples of prop bets include betting on a player to score a certain number of points, a team to score the first goal, or a specific player to hit a home run. Prop bets add variety to sports betting, allowing fans to engage with individual aspects of the game beyond the final outcome.
A correct score bet involves predicting the exact final score of a game. Because of the difficulty of accurately predicting the precise score, the odds for correct score bets are usually higher than those for other bet types. This type of bet is especially popular in soccer but can also be found in other sports.
In-play betting, also known as live betting, allows bettors to place wagers on events as they unfold in real-time. This type of betting offers dynamic odds that change throughout the game, providing an exciting and engaging experience for bettors. In-play betting can include a wide range of bet types, such as moneyline, point spread, totals, and prop bets.
Kentucky Retail Sportsbooks to Visit
Several of Kentucky’s racetracks have been expanded to include slot machines. Turfway Park opened a special VIP gaming area in 2022 that would easily host a sportsbook should the state legalize betting. Currently, none of Kentucky’s racetracks offer in-person sports betting.
- Turfway Park Racing & Gaming
- Newport Racing & Gaming
- Oak Grove Racing, Gaming & Hotel
- The Mint Gaming Hall Kentucky Downs
Here are 9 questions about online sports betting in Kentucky:
1. When will online sports betting be legal in Kentucky?
Answer: Online sports betting will officially become legal in Kentucky on September 28, 2023, when the newly licensed sportsbook apps are expected to launch.
2. Who is eligible to bet online in Kentucky?
Answer: Individuals who are 21 years of age or older and physically present within the state boundaries of Kentucky are eligible to bet online in Kentucky.
3. What types of bets can I place in Kentucky?
Answer: Bettors in Kentucky can place a variety of bets including moneyline bets, point spread bets, total (over/under) bets, prop bets, futures bets, and parlays, among others. Several sportsbooks also offer live in-game betting.
4. Can I register for a sports betting account remotely?
Answer: Yes, once the apps launch, you will be able to register for a sports betting account remotely from anywhere within the state boundaries of Kentucky.
5. What are some of the online sportsbooks available in Kentucky?
Answer: Some of the top sportsbooks launching in Kentucky include BetMGM, Caesars Sportsbook, DraftKings, FanDuel, bet365, ESPN BET, Fanatics, and Circa Sports.
6. How do I deposit and withdraw money from online sportsbooks in Kentucky?
Answer: Online sportsbooks in Kentucky offer various payment options for depositing and withdrawing money. These may include credit/debit cards (VISA, Mastercard, American Express), PayPal, Skrill, online banking, e-checks, and other payment platforms like Play+ and Venmo.
7. Are there any bonuses and promotions for Kentucky bettors?
Answer: Yes, most online sportsbooks offer a range of bonuses and promotions for bettors in Kentucky, including welcome bonuses, deposit bonuses, and risk-free bets. Specific details can be found on each sportsbook’s website or app.
8. Is it safe to bet online in Kentucky?
Answer: Yes, betting online in Kentucky is safe as long as you are using licensed and regulated sportsbook apps. The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission is responsible for regulating and overseeing the online sports betting market in the state.
9. What should I do if I have a gambling problem?
Answer: If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, you can call the national helpline at 1-800-GAMBLER for support and assistance.