Oregon online horse betting is legal. There are no restrictions against parimutuel betting across the Beaver State, therefore all the leading operators are present in the region. The state has a relaxed view of horse betting in Oregon, which allows mobile betting within the borders of the state.
When wagering in Oregon you also have the opportunity to bet in-person at racetracks and off-site betting parlors. However, the best bonuses can be found at Oregon horse racing sites. To participate in horse betting in Oregon you must be at least 18 years old.
Horse Betting Sites in Oregon
Here are three outstanding sites for Oregon online horse betting:
- TVG – Provide one of the best products on the market. They offer their customers great value on odds across a wide selection of races.
- NYRA Bets – Offer comprehensive coverage of horse racing across the globe, providing the users with solid prices and a vast range of markets.
- AmWager – Their users have access to horse racing markets for events around the world at competitive prices.
Oregon Best Horse Betting Apps
When horse betting in Oregon, The best horse racing apps are as follows:
- Twinspires – Their app is simple to use, allowing bettors to wager on markets with ease. Available on both iOS and Android devices.
- TVG – The app has great functionality and is easy to navigate. Available across platforms for download.
- NYRA Bets – Provides a solid product for their customers to find odds and markets along with simple transactions. Available on Android and iOS devices.
Top Three Bonus Offers in Oregon
Participants in wagering in Oregon will have access to these bonuses.
- TVG – Will match your initial deposit up to XX% up to a value of $xxx.
- NYRA Bets – Offer up to $xxx on your welcome bonus with promo code XXX.
- AmWager – Customers can receive a welcome bonus of up to $xxx.
Oregon Horse Racing Tracks
The Beaver State is also home to several racetracks that offer opportunities for in-person wagering in Oregon.
- Grants Pass Downs – Was opened in 1934 and has hosted thoroughbred racing ever since. It stages major races in June and July at the racetracks where crowds of up to 1,000 can attend.
- Crooked River Roundup – Provides thoroughbred racing action in July in Prineville. The venue is notorious for its rodeo, although it still caters to racing enthusiasts.
Local and Major Horse Betting Events in Oregon
In terms of major races in Oregon, there is no longer a signature event after Portland Meadows was closed, losing the Portland Mile in the process. There are still local races for wagering in Oregon, although these lack the quality of the events seen elsewhere.
However, with simulcast wagering, residents can utilize Oregon online horse betting sites to bet on the major races across the country. The Triple Crown is the pinnacle of US horse racing, featuring the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and the Belmont Stakes. Horse betting in Oregon sites will offer great odds for these events.
Is Oregon online horse betting legal?
Yes. Oregon online horse betting is permitted within the Beaver State. Residents have access to the leading horse betting providers to wager on local and national races.
What is the legal betting age in Oregon?
When wagering in Oregon on horse racing you must be 18 years old or over. This covers both in-person and online betting within the Beaver State.
Are there racetracks in Oregon?
Yes. There are several racetracks in Oregon that host races during the summer months. Residents can also access Oregon online horse betting sites to participate in simulcast wagering.
Do I have to pay tax on betting winnings in Oregon?
The government does not tax participants in Oregon online horse betting for winnings under $600. However, the federal government will tax winnings over $5,000 up to 24%. You must report all earnings on your income tax.