Sports betting in South Dakota was legalized and launched at four casinos in Deadwood. However, the activity is now limited to the town’s 25 casino properties.
In addition, the state Senate barely passed a proposal to legalize mobile sports betting in February 2022, which was voted down by a House committee. This means the proposal will not be on the ballot this November.
Legal Betting Apps in South Dakota 2023
There is no legal South Dakota mobile betting. However, Daily Fantasy Sports are available in the state, with the following being the top providers available:
- Yahoo! Daily Fantasy
South Dakota Top 3 Legal Betting Apps
There are currently no South Dakota betting apps legal within the state.
South Dakota Teams & Events to Bet On
South Dakota has no major professional sports teams or college programs within the state. Many fans in South Dakota prefer to follow the professional sports teams in nearby Minneapolis, which are the Minnesota Twins in Major League Baseball, the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL, and the Minnesota Wild in the NHL.
Common Bet Types in South Dakota
There are no South Dakota betting apps available as lawmakers failed in their most recent attempt to legalize mobile betting.
South Dakota Betting App Welcome Bonuses
South Dakota betting apps are not legal in the state, meaning no bonuses or promotions are available.
How to find the right betting app in South Dakota? Look for these criteria:
- State license. The mobile app should be legal in the state of South Dakota.
- Bonus Offers for new customers and easy-to-understand terms and conditions.
- Competitive odds and betting features, such as in-game betting and live streaming.
- 24/7 reliable customer support.
How to Download a Betting App in South Dakota
South Dakota mobile betting has not yet been legalized. However, downloading a sports betting app will be a simple process once it becomes available. Here are the steps players will need to follow:
- Select a provider of your preference. Make sure you access their desktop platform or go ahead and download their mobile app.
- Enter your full name, email address, address, phone number, and last four of a social security number to open an account.
- Once you have read all terms and conditions, you can now head on to your provider’s platform and enjoy the entire offer of betting and gaming dynamics they have included as part of their apps.
South Dakota Mobile Sports Betting FAQs
Not yet, unfortunately.
Fanduel, DraftKings, and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy apps are operating in Mount Rushmore State.
No, BetMGM mobile sportsbook is not legal in South Dakota yet.