Get set for the 2022 Grand National some delightful free bets. Sign up to the best online sportsbooks in town and claim multiple free bet deals when you join. You can even take advantage of the best enhanced odds promotions from UK bookies throughout the tournament.
The Best 2022 Grand National Offers
|Sportsbook||Grand National 2022 Bonus*|
|bet365||£100 Bet Credits|
|888sport||£30 free bets|
|PaddyPower||£10 risk-free bet|
|Coral||Bet £5, get £20 free bets|
|Ladbrokes||Bet £5, get £20 in free bets|
|William Hill||Bet £10, get £30 in free bets|
|Betfred||Bet £10, get £40 free bets|
|Sky Bet||£30 free bets with Grand National specials|
|Betfair Sport||Up to £100 in free bets|
|MansionBet||Bet £10, get £20|
2022 Grand National Promotions
- Grand National 2022 Free Bets
Make a bet on the winner.
- Outright Winner Free Bets
Make an antepost bet on the winner of the Grand National.
- In-Play Free Bets Bonus
Good online bookies will offer regular free bets deals on matchday during Grand National. Just make a real-cash bet in the run-up to the race to earn a free bet to use during the race.
The Grand National Betting
First contested in 1839, not only is the Grand National the premiere event in jump racing, it’s grown to become the most-watched and most lucrative annual betting event in the UK. Originally known as the Grand Liverpool Steeplechase, the first winner was the appropriately-named Lottery.
This unique event demands from a horse a sterling combination of athletic skills and cardiovascular stamina. Contested at a distance of four miles, two furlongs and 74 yards, these elite equine athletes will also be required to clear 16 unique spruce-covered fences, each with iconic names, from Becher’s Brook to The Canal Turn.
Multiple Grand National champions such as Red Rum and Tiger Roll become every bit a sporting star in the UK as any football player. Minella Times was the 2021 winner. Ireland’s Rachael Blackmore became the first female jockey to win the Grand National.
As a handicap race, theoretically every horse in the race should hold an equal chance at victory. And since the field is almost always filled with a full complement of 40 runners, chances are that even the race winner will pay out at handsome odds.
In fact, this is one horse racing event where investing in a longshot is often a wise strategy. Five times, the Grand National has been won by a horse at 100/1 odds, most recently by Mon Mome in 2009.
The full fields also mean the Grand National provides opportunities for bettors to make major scores at the betting windows. In 2003, Mike Futter, part of the five-person Dee Racing Syndicate that owned winner Monty’s Pass, won £800,000 betting on his horse.
Odds, Bet Types & Projections
As Britain’s biggest betting day, top UK betting sites will all offer special Grand National bonus offers to entice new players to sign up at their site. Risk-free first bets are a popular perk. Players can wager on a Grand National longshot, knowing full well that if it doesn’t come in, they’ll get their stake returned to their account.
No deposit bonuses are also enticements offered. Getting free money to wager on the Grand National just for joining a betting site enables bettors to make a play on the race without risking their own funds. The third popular signup perk is a matching first deposit bonus. These can be very lucrative, sometimes in the £500-£1000 range.
As for existing customers, UK betting sites will provide enhanced odds on Grand National participants and often will offer significant place odds on favored horses, making an each-way wager an attractive option.
An each-way wager is often a profitable venture on the Grand National. With this wager, a bettors wins a healthy stipend if the horse they back wins. It also pays off at a lower rate if the horse were to place – finish in any of the top four positions – in the race.
UK sportsbook Paddy Power is known for offering enhanced odds on the Grand National. In 2021, they also offered to pay out 1/5 odds on the horses that finished second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth.
As well, there were 16 sportsbooks that offered Non Runner No Bet (NRNB) rules. That means if the horse wagered on doesn’t start the race, the bettor’s stake is returned.
Many UK betting sites guarantee the best odds on UK horse racing. By betting with one of those sites, a players locks in the best price they can find on the race.
Grand National Free Bets 2022
- bet365: up to 100 in bet credits
- William Hill: best Grand National odds
- BetFred: free bets as a signup offer
Grand National Betting Sites
- Royal Ascot, Cheltenham, Grand National Odds & BonusTBAMin deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 35x!
- Royal Ascot, Cheltenham, Grand National Odds & BonusH3018+. Play Safe. New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.
- Royal Ascot, Cheltenham, Grand National Odds & Bonus365GMBLRNew Customers only. Up to £50* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5* or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply.