Nevada has long been a haven on sports betting and its online presence is continuing to grow. There are ample Nevada betting variations available for sports wagering due to the amount of sportsbooks present in the Silver State. Almost all have a strong web presence, highlighting the value in Nevada online betting. However, the state mandates that users must physically visit a casino to register for an account.
Horse racing betting and online poker are also available when wagering in Nevada. However, there are restrictions against online casinos and daily fantasy sites. Whether these Nevada betting choices change in the future remains uncertain, especially considering the popularity of DFS.
Betting Sites in Nevada
There are many sites available for betting in Nevada. Due to the competition, sportsbooks have to be at the top of their games to attract customers. Here are three of the leading sites for Nevada online betting.
- Caesars – One of the leaders in sports betting in the world. It has a diverse range of markets online as well as competitive odds.
- BetMGM – They provide excellent coverage of all the major leagues across the United States as well as European sport, offering good prices on their markets.
- BetOnline – Provide extensive odds and markets for sports betting all year round.
Best Apps in Nevada
Nevada online betting has several apps ready for customers utilize.
- Westgate Superbook – Westgate is one of the leading sportsbooks in Las Vegas. Due to its experience, it offers a high-quality product and excellent value on odds. Their app is available on both iOS and Android.
- South Point Sportsbook – Provides a wide range of markets across the board with competitive value on their odds. Their app is solid, with availability for both iOS and Android users.
Top Land-based Sportsbooks in Nevada
When wagering in Nevada, there are hundreds of sportsbooks to visit with the gambling capital of the USA in Las Vegas.
- Caesar Palace’s – One of the largest hotels and casinos in Las Vegas. Its sportsbook does not disappoint with hundreds of betting kiosks and windows to wager on the major leagues.
- The Venetian – It also boasts a huge area dedicated to its sportsbook, allowing bettors to enjoy their surroundings while gambling on their favorite sports.
What is the Legal Betting Age in Nevada?
Participants in Nevada online betting must be 21-years-old or older to create an account and place a wager with a sportsbook in the region. This falls in with online poker, horse racing wagering and casino gambling.
Professional Teams in Las Vegas
Nevada is home to several professional sports teams. The Las Vegas Raiders moved the region in 2020 as Nevada’s first NFL team. The Vegas Golden Knights represent the state in the NHL. The Las Vegas Aces take on the mantle in the WNBA. The UNLV Rebels compete in the NCAA.
Nevada Betting FAQs
Can you place a sports bet online in Las Vegas?
Yes. There are ample Nevada online betting options with a number of quality sportsbooks that allow customers from the region to bet on sports.
Can you play daily fantasy games in Nevada?
No. Nevada betting online regulations do not permit wagering on daily fantasy sites within the borders of the Silver State.
What is the legal betting age in Nevada?
When betting in Nevada, you must be at least 21-years-old to place a sports bet. The same rule applies for gambling in casinos across the state along with horse racing betting.
Tax On Betting Winnings in Nevada?
For betting winnings attained while wagering in Nevada, you must pay 6.45% in income tax for earnings less than $5,000. Any winnings over $5,000 are liable for up to 24% in federal tax.