As we step into 2024, the landscape of online sports betting in the USA continues to evolve, offering more and new options and features than ever before. For bettors looking to get in on the action, choosing the right sportsbook is crucial. From exceptional odds to innovative features, each platform brings something unique to the table.
US Top Sports Betting Sites Selected by Sportsbook Experts
bet365 – Best Betting Odds & Biggest Offer
bet365 online has carved out a reputation for providing some of the best odds in NFL betting. With a wide array of betting options and live streaming services, bet365 stands as a go-to choice for NFL enthusiasts.
BetMGM Online Sportsbook – #1 Site for Online Betting
BetMGM isn’t just about the bets; it’s about rewarding loyalty. With a robust rewards program, BetMGM is perfect for bettors who appreciate being valued for their continued patronage.
Caesars Sportsbook – Good for Live Betting
For those who thrive on the excitement of live betting, Caesars Sportsbook offers an unparalleled experience. With real-time odds updates and a wide range of in-game betting options, it’s a top pick for live sports action.
BetRivers – TOP Online Sportsbook App
BetRivers sports betting application distinguishes itself with some of the most attractive promotional offers in the industry. This makes it an ideal choice for bettors who love bonuses and special deals.
FanDuel’s user-friendly and highly-rated app for iOS devices ensures a seamless betting experience on the go. It’s a top choice for Apple device users.
PointsBet offers an innovative betting format called Points Betting, where winnings and losses aren’t fixed but vary depending on the outcome of the event. This unique system offers an exciting twist for adventurous bettors.
DraftKings is renowned for its extensive market variety, covering a wide range of sports and events. This diversity makes it a favorite for bettors seeking numerous betting opportunities.
Betway Sportsbook stands out for its quick and hassle-free payout system, making it a preferred choice for bettors who prioritize swift financial transactions.
SBK Bet App
SBK Sportsbook sets itself apart with its community-driven odds, where bettors can benefit from insights and predictions shared by a community of sports enthusiasts.
Bally Bet is known for its intuitive and user-friendly interface, making it an excellent choice for both novice and experienced bettors.
For those interested in European sports, Tipico offers good odds, extensive coverage, making it a top pick for fans of soccer and other international sports.
Here’s a breakdown of the best online betting sites for US users:
|Competitive NFL Odds (Code USB365)
|Best Loyalty Program (Code USDOTBET)
|Best in Live Betting
|TOP Promotional Offers
|Fantasy Sports Integration
|New Betting App
|250+ Betting Markets
|Best for NFL bets
What are the best sites for online sports betting in the USA? In 2024, the top sportsbook apps include betMGM, Betrivers, Caesars, DraftKings, and bet365.
Why These US Sports Betting Sites Are The Best: Our TOP Picks
- bet365 – Code USB365: Renowned for its competitive NFL odds.
- BetMGM – Code USDOTBET for new bet $5 get $158 bonus deal.
- Caesars Sportsbook: Excels in live betting with real-time updates.
- BetRivers: Known for its lucrative promotional offers.
- Fanatics Sportsbook: Integrates traditional betting with fantasy sports.
- DraftKings: Provides a wide variety of betting markets.
- Betway Sportsbook: Fast and efficient payouts.
- SBK Sportsbook: Community-driven odds for informed betting.
- Bally Bet: Offers an intuitive betting experience.
In 2024, these online portsbooks stand out not just for their diverse offerings but also for their commitment to providing a safe and enjoyable betting environment to USA players. Remember, responsible betting is key, and you must be 21 or older to place bets online.
How to Find the Best Online Sports Betting Site: A Guide for New Bettors in the USA
If you’re new to the world of online sports betting in the USA, finding the right site can be a bit overwhelming. Here’s a short guide on what to look for to ensure a safe and enjoyable betting experience.
1. Legality and Licensing
- Ensure the sportsbook is licensed and regulated in your state. Betting with a licensed operator guarantees a certain level of security and adherence to fair betting practices.
2. Reputation and Reviews
- Check out reviews and ratings from other bettors. A site with a strong reputation in the community is often a good indicator of reliability and trustworthiness.
3. Betting Options and Market Variety
- Look for a site that offers a wide range of sports and betting markets. More options mean more opportunities to find bets that interest you.
4. Odds and Payouts
- Compare odds offered by different sites. Competitive odds can lead to better potential payouts.
5. User Interface and Experience
- A user-friendly interface is crucial. You want a site that is easy to navigate, especially if you are new to online betting.
6. Mobile Compatibility
- If you plan to bet on the go, check if the site has a mobile app or a mobile-friendly website.
7. Bonuses and Promotions
- Many sportsbooks offer welcome bonuses, free bets, or other promotions. Understand the terms and conditions of these offers to fully benefit from them.
- Illinois Sportsbook Bonuses
- Maryland Sportsbook Promos
- Pennsylvania Sportsbook Promos
- Tennessee Sportsbook Welcome Offers
- Virginia New Customer Betting Offers
- New Jersey Sportsbook Bonuses
- The Best New York Sportsbook Promos
- Iowa Betting Sites Bonuses
- Arizona Sportsbook Bonuses
- Colorado Sportsbook Bonuses
- Indiana’s Sportsbook Offers
- Ohio’s Sportsbook Bonuses
- Kansas Sportsbook Welcome Promos
- Louisiana Sportsbook Bonuses
- Wyoming Sportsbook Promotions
8. Payment Options and Security
- Ensure the site offers secure and convenient deposit and withdrawal options. Look for SSL encryption and other security measures to protect your financial data.
9. Customer Support
- Reliable customer support is essential. Look for sites that offer multiple ways to contact them (like live chat, email, or phone) and have a reputation for responsive support.
10. Responsible Gambling Features
- A reputable site should promote responsible gambling and provide tools to help you manage your betting, such as deposit limits and self-exclusion options.
USA Online Sports Betting Legal States
|Legal Online Betting
|Expected in 2024
|Expected in 2024
|Expected in 2024
|Expected in 2024
The following states currently offer legal and regulated sports betting in the USA, both retail and online, including wagering on NBA, NFL, NHL games and top events such as Super Bowl, Kentucky Derby, March Madness, U.S. Open, and more:
Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Vermont, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wyoming. The District of Columbia also provides legal and regulated betting on sports.
Mississippi limits sports betting to retail sites located inside state licensed casinos. North Carolina offers limited sports betting on site at tribal casinos. New Mexico tribal casinos are also offering sports betting via an existing gaming compact.
Ohio has passed a sports betting bill, and The Buckeye State launched legal and regulated sports betting early in 2023. Maine has also legalized sports betting as well. Nebraska has also signed a sport betting bill into law, but no launch date is currently being projected.
Some US states had been eyeing up sports betting legislation since 2013 when New Jersey, Delaware and Nevada legalized online casinos. However, it was not until 2018 when the Supreme Court overturned PASPA (Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act) 1992, a federal law banning betting on single games. With the law gone, individual states were free to legalize full betting on sports.
In 2024, many states now offer legal and regulated sports betting. Some states issue licenses to online operators working with existing land-based casinos. Some states that have no retail sportsbooks offer mobile-only betting options. In addition, many states allow betting on college sports. However, there are some restrictions, particularly on college sides playing in their home state.
The Rapid Rise of US Sports Betting Post-PASPA
In May 2018, the US sports betting landscape underwent a monumental shift when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of New Jersey, overturning the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA). This decision opened the door for states to legalize sports betting, and since then, 38 states and Washington DC have embraced it, with more expected to follow.
The impact of this legal shift has been significant. According to the American Gaming Association (AGA), sportsbook revenue in the US soared to $7.5 billion in 2022, marking a 75% increase from 2021. The market’s potential is vast, with Flutter, the parent company of FanDuel, estimating it to be worth over $40 billion by 2030.
The legalization journey, however, isn’t uniform across the country. States like California, Texas, and Florida, which together comprise almost 30% of the potential market in the US, are still in various stages of legalizing sports betting. Florida, for example, may soon see developments with Hard Rock Bet, following a favorable court decision.
As of 2024, FanDuel and DraftKings dominate the market with respective shares of 45.1% and 32%, followed by BetMGM at 9.9% and Caesars Sportsbook at 6%. Both FanDuel and DraftKings have made significant investments to reach their positions, with FanDuel expecting 2024 to be its first year of full-year profitability.
In terms of sports betting handle in 2022, New York leads with $16.3 billion, followed by New Jersey, Illinois, Nevada, and Pennsylvania, highlighting the significant regional variation in the market.
The industry has seen its share of fluctuations, with companies like Fubo and WynnBet ceasing their betting operations in some states, and Fox and Flutter closing their Fox Bet platform. Despite these challenges, new entrants like Fanatics and ESPN Bet, in partnership with Penn Entertainment, are making their mark.
This rapidly evolving landscape underlines the significant potential and dynamism of the US sports betting market, poised for further growth and innovation in the coming years.
Major Sports Betting Events
Every year, there are several large American sports events to bet on! The US is well-known for its colossal major sports leagues, with each of them boasting at least one premier event each year.
Of course, the biggest is the NFL, and while the Super Bowl is the event that everyone wants to bet on, bettors in the know also make the most of regular-season game odds.
Along with the NFL, the other major leagues have their high-profile championship events each year, with the Stanley Cup Finals, NBA Championship, and World Series all being competed across seven games.
Sports Betting Experts
Get tips and betting insight by joining these online pages. As the US sports betting scene grows, so too the communities of people who discuss angles, tips, strategies, and wins.
For good tipsters to follow, Twitter is the best place, thanks to its instant update feed. There, @DavidPurdum and @ToddFurman rank among the best.
While they’re good for insight, for a communal feel, there’s the Reddit page r/sportsbook, which sees bettors discuss upcoming betting events.
Online Sports Betting FAQ
What is the Legal Betting Age in the US?
The legal age for betting varies from state to state, but the minimum for US betting is 18-years-old. In most states, you need to be either 18 or 21 years of age, unless you’re in Alabama or Alaska, where you have to be at least 19-years-old.
How Much Tax do I Need to Pay When Betting in the US?
The IRS considers your gambling winnings to be taxable income, but the rate of taxation doesn’t scale up with the more that you win. Instead, gambling winnings are taxed at 24 percent.
How Do I Download Betting Apps?
Whether you use an Android or iOS smartphone, the process of downloading a US betting app is the same:
- Go to the mobile’s store – either the App Store or Google Play;
- Search the name of your betting site;
- Press download;
- Enter the app, sign-in, and bet!
How Do I Register for a Betting Account?
To register for a sports betting platform, you must:
- Find your ideal sports betting provider;
- Click on the “Sign-Up” or “Create Account” button;
- Fill in the registration form;
- Confirm the details and possibly submit proof of identification
Once approved, you’ll be free to bet.
Are these sites legal to use in the USA? Yes, all the sportsbook apps listed are legal and licensed in the USA. However, their availability may vary by state due to differing gambling laws.
How do I know if I’m getting the best odds? The sportsbooks listed have a reputation for offering competitive odds. For the best odds, particularly for NFL, bet365 is renowned for its pricing.
What makes an app the best for live betting? An app like Caesars Sportsbook offers live betting with a robust platform that updates odds in real-time, providing a comprehensive and engaging live betting experience.
Which sportsbook offers the fastest payouts? Betway Sportsbook is known for its fast payouts, ensuring you get access to your winnings promptly.
Can I use the same sportsbook account across different states? Yes, you can use the same sportsbook account across different states where the app is legal and operational, but you must be physically located within a state where the sportsbook is licensed to place bets.